I’ve blinked and it’s already Valentine’s Day! Where has this year gone? It’s hard to believe it’s already February. I personally love V-Day because it’s just another excuse to share love with the people I love. It’s also another great excuse to dive into some serious dessert.
But I don’t love the stomach ache that comes the next day from all that champagne and chocolate, so tuck into this blueberry crisp and enjoy all the dessert vibes without all the gunk in your trunk! Not only is this recipe simple, but it also has really wholesome ingredients that are sure to tickle your tummy (in the happy I love dessert kind of way). The blueberries are baked to gooey perfection and are topped with a delicious crumble-like concoction with things like oats, almonds, and maple syrup to sweeten.
Cook this up for your significant other this Valentine’s Day and be ready to be met with happy kisses!
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- ½ cup almond meal
- ¼ cup almond slivers
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- ¼-1/2 cup maple syrup, depending on sweetness preference
- Unsweetened coconut flakes (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the blueberries in an 8x8 baking dish and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the oats, almond meal, almond slivers, walnuts, chia seeds, and cinnamon until well combined.
- Pour in the coconut oil and maple syrup and mix until a crumb like texture forms.
- Pour the topping onto the blueberries and spread evenly.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the top is crisp and the edges are browned.
- Top with coconut flakes and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve warm.