Whether you’ve been out running errands all day, super sweaty after playing on your local kickball team, or just had that garlicky pasta lunch your boss insisted on, just swish some of this mouthwash and you’ll feel like a new, cleaner person!
I’ve been working on this mouthwash recipe for a while now. Like three weeks.
I really wanted it to made with fresh herbs, but it just looked ugly. Like murky brown water ugly.
So I had to go the essential oil route, and I’m glad I did! It not only freshens your breath, but tastes really good too. If you wanted it to have a sweeter taste, you could add liquid stevia to it as well. This mouthwash is easy to make, saves you money on those big tubs filled with chemicals and crazy ingredients no one knows about, and looks good on your bathroom counter if you store it in a cute glass jug.
So for moments where you feel like you need a little extra jazz, this mouthwash is for you.
And preferably that moment is every day.
Others around you won’t only appreciate your happy breath, but you’ll also feel good about what you’re putting out into the world, and therefore, yourself. Happy breath = happy life!
I’m telling you, this stuff is gold.
- 2 cups distilled, filtered, or boiling water (if boiling, allow to cool before you pour in the glass bottle)
- 30 drops peppermint essential oil
- 10 drops parsley essential oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Pour all of the ingredients into a glass bottle, shake it up, and you’ve got yourself some homemade mouthwash!
- Use twice a day for best results. Shake before each use. Do not store in the refrigerator or the coconut oil will harden.