During the summer I find that spending all day in the sun tends to leave my skin especially dry and crackly. Filled with coconut oil, these lotion cubes are excellent for rehydrating my skin after a long day out on the beach or laying by the pool. Being in cube form allows for the perfect amount of lotion each time my skin needs some love, which has been pretty often for me these past few months!
Lately I’ve been slathering this lotion on right after my shower or before bed, and I always wake up the next morning feeling extra soft and refreshed. I think the rose scent and petals make it that much better, but feel free to switch it up and try different variations for smooth and hydrated skin all summer long.
- 1/3 cup beeswax
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 20 drops rose absolute
- 3 rose petals
- 1 teaspoon essential oil (optional)
- In a double boiler (or if you’re lazy like me, just a small pot with a glass bowl on top), fill the pot a quarter of the way with water and bring the water to a boil, making sure that the water is not touching the bottom of the bowl.
- Place all the ingredients into the bowl and stir continuously until fully melted, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and immediately pour into ice cube molds.
- Place in the refrigerator for 2 hours, or until the cubes are completely solid.
- Rub over skin to melt the lotion and store at room temperature or in the refrigerator.