A few months ago, I was looking online for a crystal keychain (don’t ask) and right before checking out, I came across this journal called The 52 Lists Project. I got my hands on one of my own and have been keeping it on my nightstand for weeks until January 1st, when you can officially start week 1. This journal, or “project,” is used to write a list once a week based on a prompt. The first week was all about dreams, goals, and resolutions and so I thought it would be fun to share some of mine with you.
1. Get back into meditating. I was trained in TM (Transcendental Meditation) a few years back. I absolutely loved it and found so many amazing benefits like better sleep, a calmer demeanor, living a more purposeful life, but after a few months just fell out of it and haven’t been able to get back on track since. Since I am deeming this year my self health year, I have meditating again at the very top of my list.
2. Eat a plant-based diet and exercise 3x a week. These go hand in hand with numba one, but I basically just want to give my body and mind the best connection to being healthy that they can have. I feel my best and am most proud of my life when I focus on eating plant-based, whole foods, and I would love to really find an exercise regimen that works for me (I started doing barre classes online and have already fallen in love!).
5. Visit somewhere new. There will definitely be a lot of that for me this year. Starting the end of February, I am going on a month long trip to Asia, Australia, and New Zealand. It’s going to be a blast and will be a huge bucket list cross off for me.
6. Posting more frequently. I had this revelation late last night where I realized that I need to get over this idea of “perfect content” and just post. I have so many fun ideas that I want to share with you, but I get hung up on them being perfect that I end up not giving my all. I’ve decided that I will do my best to just post, even if it’s a short one or a silly one, and see where it goes. Of course I want to bring you the best of the best, but I tend to get in my own way. So here’s to sharing without all that extra self-pressure! Can I get an amen?
7. Read 20 books this year. I’m a huge book worm, but between blogging, work, and school, I’ve put my priority for reading on the major back burner. This year I’d like to plan out some more time for reading and finding books I love. I’m in the middle of Anna Karenina right now and am in love. Also on my list: All The Light We Cannot See, The Red Queen, and Endgame: Sky Key.
8. Complete a knitting project. I’ve been obsessed with crocheting since I was about 12-years-old and my friend Ali and I used to hang out in her bedroom all afternoon crocheting little potholders. Since then, I’ve taken up knitting and would really love to complete a bigger project. I love anything from Wool and the Gang, and I would really like to do this sweater.
9. Improve my photography. This is such a passion of mine that I never imagined would be. I love how there’s always something new to learn with photography, and how everyone has their own unique style that makes no two pictures the same. I’d really love to improve my photography skills this year and try to develop my style more.
10. Enjoy down-time with friends and family more purposefully. I’m trying to feel more well-rounded in my life, and one of the ways I’m learning to do that is to really enjoy the time I spend with the people I love, and to do it very purposefully. As my friends are getting older and with my sister leaving for college soon, everyone is heading in a million directions. I want to be able to share in special moments when we are all still together, and to do that, I have to be present.
What are some of your goals and dreams for 2016? If you have a The 52 Lists Project of your own, make sure to use the hashtag #52listsproject on Instagram and Twitter so we can share all our lists!