I hope you have had an amazing week. I sure am excited to see the weekend and get outside a little more. I also plan on making crepes just to spread this “notella” on!
This spread is seriously addictive. It tastes just like Nutella, but thankfully without all the dairy and refined sugar so you can enjoy it without feeling like you’re on a crazy sugar high afterwards! I’ve spread this on everything from toast to oatmeal to just eating it straight out of the jar with a spoon.
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the hazelnuts on a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, until they’re roasted.
- Place them into a food processor and blend on high for about five minutes, or until it turns into almost a nut butter consistency. Add the cacao powder, salt, vanilla extract, and maple syrup. Blend until the mixture turns into a dough-type ball.
- While processing, slowly pour in the almond milk, adding a little less or a little more depending on how thick you want it to be. I wanted mine thick and spreadable, so two tablespoons all I needed.
- Place in a jar and keep in the refrigerator.