Holy moly guacamole, these overnight muesli pots are two things:
1. healthy but still extremely tasty.
2. so easy you could make them with your eyes closed.
After whipping up that strawberry cashew milk last week, I knew it would be perfect in some type of breakfast recipe. Since the days are getting warmer and longer, I’ve been craving fruity foods instead of the usual comforting oatmeal and warming winter breakfasts.
I’ve been wanting to try overnight oats for forever, and I loved the idea of adding nuts and other fruits to it all to create a wholesome, balanced breakfast. Waking up the morning after making these, I rushed downstairs like a kid on Christmas day and when I tried my first bite, I was in new breakfast heaven.
The rolled oats and chia seeds make a filling base, and then the raisins, sunflower seeds and blueberries add a delicious crunch and pop.
But the strawberry milk is the real winner here, and when soaked overnight, they give these pots a perfectly sweet decadent flavor that makes you wonder if these things are really healthy, and really allowed for breakfast!
Trust me, they are so good.
This recipe is easy to make because you just mix it up right in the pots, then place them into the fridge overnight and the next morning you have a perfectly delicious breakfast to take on-the-go or enjoy with a nice cup of tea or green juice.
Your body will thank you and you will be fueled for a kick-butt day.
Click HERE for the strawberry cashew milk recipe!!!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- handful of blueberries
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 cups strawberry cashew milk
- Fresh strawberries, for topping
- All you do is split up the recipe into two pots (so 1 cup oats in each, etc.).
- Add all the dry ingredients first and stir until smooth.
- Then add the maple syrup and strawberry milk, and stir until everything is well combined.
- Place in the fridge for at least 4 hours, or overnight, so that the oats and chia seeds soak up the milk.
- Then serve for breakfast topped with berries. Enjoy!